School's kept me busy but I've been making steady progress on the DAQ and control system.
I've opted for a fiber optic/ethernet system for data with a multicore, shielded cable for critical functions like HV enable, both of which pass through 30 meters of expandable sleeving to form an umbilical ...
Search found 5 matches
- Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:31 pm
- Forum: Playpen
- Topic: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14216
- Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 pm
- Forum: Playpen
- Topic: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14216
Re: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
You've given me much to think about. I will change the data aq stuff around accordingly and leave the hard-wired connections for things like HV enable. The laptop I am (was) using crashed all the time above 20kV, so a more robust system is certainly needed.
I use the 6-way tee more because of ...
I use the 6-way tee more because of ...
- Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:56 pm
- Forum: Playpen
- Topic: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14216
Re: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
I spent a couple hours today making a new grid. To step up the accuracy, I 3D printed a jig that accepts the 1/2" graphite stock and lays out the mounting hole as well as those for the tungsten rods. The center is tapped 8-32 and the holes for the rods are drilled ...
I spent a couple hours today making a new grid. To step up the accuracy, I 3D printed a jig that accepts the 1/2" graphite stock and lays out the mounting hole as well as those for the tungsten rods. The center is tapped 8-32 and the holes for the rods are drilled ...
- Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:35 pm
- Forum: Playpen
- Topic: 2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14216
2.75" Fusor Setup and Current Plans
Hello all,
This'll be a long one.
Main Chamber and Vacuum System
The main fusor chamber is a 6-way 2.75" conflat cross. The viewport faces the floor, is protected internally by a borosilicate glass disc, and is covered by a soldered 1/16" lead cup to reduce x-rays. An older phone looks through a ...
This'll be a long one.
Main Chamber and Vacuum System
The main fusor chamber is a 6-way 2.75" conflat cross. The viewport faces the floor, is protected internally by a borosilicate glass disc, and is covered by a soldered 1/16" lead cup to reduce x-rays. An older phone looks through a ...
- Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:06 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Arizona
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8293
Hello from Arizona
Hello,
I'm Liam David, one of the fusioneers from the fusor forums. I've been lurking here for a couple years, drawing inspiration from Doug's fusor work as well as the general vacuum, electronics, etc. techniques discussed. Having achieved fusion and with the intent of continuing my work, I figured ...
I'm Liam David, one of the fusioneers from the fusor forums. I've been lurking here for a couple years, drawing inspiration from Doug's fusor work as well as the general vacuum, electronics, etc. techniques discussed. Having achieved fusion and with the intent of continuing my work, I figured ...