Hi,
Doug alerted me to your find. Doug Moore of the Geiger Counter Enthusiasts forum has offered to send me a slightly discolored 2" diameter Harshaw NaI crystal in an aluminum billet for experimentation, free. I've a 2.4" face diameter PMT I bought from Richard Hull, so I'm going to be fiddling ...
Search found 5 matches
- Fri May 04, 2012 7:42 pm
- Forum: Nuclear
- Topic: Today's find: Scintillator detector
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13498
- Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:58 am
- Forum: DJ's
- Topic: Clicker mod for STD Counter
- Replies: 8
- Views: 19743
from the '.Re: Clicker mod for STD Counter
Captured text numbers are just fine, as is hearing feedback from the clicker while doing other tasks. Others can help with plots and graphs. 'Looking' inside, I was surprised at the size of the CCFL unit (asuming it's that blocky xfmr on the end opposite the BNC connector? The xfmr inside my Monitor ...
- Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 am
- Forum: DJ's
- Topic: Clicker mod for STD Counter
- Replies: 8
- Views: 19743
Re: Clicker mod for STD Counter
Hi to Joe and Doug,
I've only had my Standard Counter a couple of days, and likely already worrying Doug. Lots of "blind guy" questions. The audio 'clicker' adaptation sounds great. Not too loud, pleasant and resonant. Though likely never necessary, I could easily mute the audio with a piece of ...
I've only had my Standard Counter a couple of days, and likely already worrying Doug. Lots of "blind guy" questions. The audio 'clicker' adaptation sounds great. Not too loud, pleasant and resonant. Though likely never necessary, I could easily mute the audio with a piece of ...
- Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:59 pm
- Forum: It Almost Worked!
- Topic: ion implantation 101 a John Rand production
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17328
Re: ion implantation 101 a John Rand production
I clicked on your Youtube video as my first act after making an introduction to the forum. Unfortunately, I couldn't fully appreciate any visual effects, or even know for certain what you were doing, but the audio/stereo inserts and sound effects were entertaining, even hillarious. Anybody want to ...
- Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:19 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello From Vancouver Island
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3863
Hello From Vancouver Island
Greetings. My name is Brian, I'm 64, totally blind, using a screen reader. I type, it talks. The Fukishima disaster re-kindled my cold war fears, and dormant interests in the realms of nuclear physics. After much web crawling and studying about Geiger counters, I obtained my first ever radiation ...