Search found 12 matches
- Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:38 am
- Forum: Eye Candy
- Topic: Grid seen from above, IR issues
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15036
Re: Grid seen from above, IR issues
Thanks Doug, I guessed my idea was a bit naive, but I wanted to share anyway. I didn't understand that you had all those electrons in there as well, but of course they would be, if not coming with the plasma, they'd be coming from the walls or so I guess.
- Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 am
- Forum: Eye Candy
- Topic: Grid seen from above, IR issues
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15036
Re: Grid seen from above, IR issues
I was thinking Doug, what about making the grid like a tube. With two cathode rings at the openings of the tube, accelerating the D2 nucleus towards the tube, and then having a positive charge on the tube focusing the beams once inside the tube. Also around the tube, cooling water to extract heat ...
- Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am
- Forum: PC
- Topic: A GUI version of "man" for linux (ubuntu)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9838
Re: A GUI version of "man" for linux (ubuntu)
There is also xman, very crude but X11 gui.
- Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 am
- Forum: Machining and Fabrication
- Topic: Status of my CNC router project
- Replies: 8
- Views: 20596
Re: Status of my CNC router project
Hm, I did not know that CO2 was less harmfull, but it makes sense of course when you think about it does not penetrate as good as visible light.
You also need the mirrors and a lens for CO2 I guess, so its about another $100, still getting a complete CO2 setup for 3-400 USD is quite ok. Previous ...
You also need the mirrors and a lens for CO2 I guess, so its about another $100, still getting a complete CO2 setup for 3-400 USD is quite ok. Previous ...
- Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 am
- Forum: Machining and Fabrication
- Topic: Status of my CNC router project
- Replies: 8
- Views: 20596
Re: Status of my CNC router project
That would be even better of course, but the quick checks I have made gives that getting a co2 laser and a laser-head will cost quite a lot.
Then you need some mirror arrangements for directing the light, or do you place the laser tube directly on the Z-axsis location?
Also, isn't co2 much more ...
Then you need some mirror arrangements for directing the light, or do you place the laser tube directly on the Z-axsis location?
Also, isn't co2 much more ...
- Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:11 pm
- Forum: Machining and Fabrication
- Topic: Status of my CNC router project
- Replies: 8
- Views: 20596
Status of my CNC router project
Picture of my project building my own CNC router. It is kind of working. Using stepper motors an Linux CNC for controlling, via an Arduino board.
Next step will be mounting a 3D printer head and perhaps a DVD laser for cutting very thing things like paper.
Next step will be mounting a 3D printer head and perhaps a DVD laser for cutting very thing things like paper.
- Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 am
- Forum: Shop tips and kinks
- Topic: Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
- Replies: 5
- Views: 13621
Re: Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
For the curious reader I found this good paper on calculations on tooth belts and pulleys: http://www.aratron.se/file/9berakning.pdf
- Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm
- Forum: Shop tips and kinks
- Topic: Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
- Replies: 5
- Views: 13621
Re: Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
Thanks Jerry, I am starting to realize that is the best option after all trials and failures. The link you send seems to have everything. Nice, they even ship abroad. I have not found a good supplier in Sweden yet but there must be, shipping two small pulleys from US seems like a bit overkill.
- Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 am
- Forum: Shop tips and kinks
- Topic: Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
- Replies: 5
- Views: 13621
Question about tooth belt pulley calculatios
Hi, for my cnc router project I need to make three tooth belt pulleys but I am not quite sure of how to go about. I have made a kind of poor man's dividing head using cog wheels from my lathe which I believe is quite accurate. I don't seem to succeed with making a pulley that fits the belt. I get it ...
- Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 am
- Forum: The water cooler -- disscusions about anything
- Topic: Maxwell's demon
- Replies: 29
- Views: 66085
Re: Maxwell's demon
Interesting idea. There must be some sort of work involved when the particle is moving particle in browns movement. Do you really need diodes? What if you have a very thin but long coil, and have a fixed magnetic field over the whole tank and instead have small ferromagnetic particles moving around ...