Search found 15 matches
- Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:20 pm
- Forum: Trading Markets
- Topic: The daily link
- Replies: 201
- Views: 539147
Re: The daily link
This is the sort of thing that would make "some people" gather some suitable buddies to go and "visit" that town again in the middle of the night... and have a little "conversation" with the cops/judges/etc. in their own bedrooms when they are in their skivvies... alone and without anyone to back ...
- Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:15 am
- Forum: Fusors, Farnsworth type
- Topic: Shields up!
- Replies: 28
- Views: 38604
Re: Shields up!
For a longer term solution, you could build a "box" under the workshop directly under the fusor and other equipment, and fill that box from the top (via a hole in the floor) with liquid concrete. As long as your ground compaction and stability is good enough, this should provide an ideal foundation ...
- Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm
- Forum: The water cooler -- disscusions about anything
- Topic: Math problem...don't blame the physicists!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 20715
Re: Math problem...don't blame the physicists!
Thank God I was born in the 60's!
- Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:20 am
- Forum: Nuclear
- Topic: NERVA...42 years later.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15139
NERVA...42 years later.
Wanted to know if anyone here had heard of this - and what a sad waste that this technology has sat here unused for 42 years. Hopefully this picture posted.
Anyway, NERVA was a nuclear engine developed by NASA and the Energy department, then Nixon put the Kibosh on it - right after it proved that ...
Anyway, NERVA was a nuclear engine developed by NASA and the Energy department, then Nixon put the Kibosh on it - right after it proved that ...
- Mon May 05, 2014 11:47 am
- Forum: Trading Markets
- Topic: Trading Software/Hardware
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13431
Re: Trading Software/Hardware
So Doug, I guess your not a big Java and XML fan :lol:
Those are my bread and butter where I work (IT at ACN developing all the back office apps, everything is SOA, SOAP, Struts, JSP's XML all over the place, etc. Java everything.)
So I figured I would leverage the tools I got... but now what you ...
Those are my bread and butter where I work (IT at ACN developing all the back office apps, everything is SOA, SOAP, Struts, JSP's XML all over the place, etc. Java everything.)
So I figured I would leverage the tools I got... but now what you ...
- Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 am
- Forum: Trading Markets
- Topic: Trading Software/Hardware
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13431
Trading Software/Hardware
I would like to start this thread on what sorts of trading software and hardware people use, and (of more interest to myself as a Software Engineer) what sorts of Open Source Platforms people have used to build their trading systems - rules engines, displays, etc.
As I am just getting into this ...
As I am just getting into this ...
- Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 am
- Forum: Trading Markets
- Topic: The daily link
- Replies: 201
- Views: 539147
Re: The daily link
Glad to know you're out, Dave. My bet is we get the usual exponential blowoff just before we go over the cliff. Risk/reward is just too high even for me, and I'm pretty agile and fearless.
I saw this vid in my G+ stream. Pretty much says it - and at the end, she realizes the actual truth - it's ...
I saw this vid in my G+ stream. Pretty much says it - and at the end, she realizes the actual truth - it's ...
- Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 am
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Central Oregon Retired EE
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7083
Re: Central Oregon Retired EE
Hello Bob!
Impressive resume! And you and Doug are right, that piece of paper is expensive, but hardly worth anything. At best it might get your foot in the door of your first job, but by that time you probably should already be in the room so to speak... I got the paper, and my first job was ...
Impressive resume! And you and Doug are right, that piece of paper is expensive, but hardly worth anything. At best it might get your foot in the door of your first job, but by that time you probably should already be in the room so to speak... I got the paper, and my first job was ...
- Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 am
- Forum: Analog
- Topic: Making neons conduct with 0 volts DC
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13442
Re: Making neons conduct with 0 volts DC
vmike, that sounds cool - if you got any pics or schematics I would like to seem them! I live in a pretty active lightning area and so this would be a neat little project. (because I don't have enough already!
)
- Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 am
- Forum: Analog
- Topic: Making neons conduct with 0 volts DC
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13442
Re: Making neons conduct with 0 volts DC
This effect could be used to make a neat and simple little lightning detector...