Search found 3 matches
- Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:45 am
- Forum: Operating systems
- Topic: Run windows in a sandbox - VirtualBox
- Replies: 3
- Views: 11507
VirtualBox and DHCP
Under the default configuration, VBox gives the guest an IP along the lines of 10.0.1.xxx. For many, this really messes with sharing and subnets. After some investigation, it turns out that VBox defaults to using NAT. To adjust the settings for your guest such that it DHCPs from your router, with ...
- Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:48 pm
- Forum: Operating systems
- Topic: Ubuntu -- how to fix the window button position
- Replies: 2
- Views: 11359
Re: Ubuntu -- how to fix the window button position
Thanks Doug,
I've got Ubuntu running in virtualBox from XP (I know, backwards from your point of view). Anyhow, easy fix and worked like a charm. Perhaps now I can do something more with perl than the stuff from windows seems to wanna let me do.
Thanks!
I've got Ubuntu running in virtualBox from XP (I know, backwards from your point of view). Anyhow, easy fix and worked like a charm. Perhaps now I can do something more with perl than the stuff from windows seems to wanna let me do.
Thanks!
- Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:13 pm
- Forum: Metrology
- Topic: Classes of metrology defined
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7652
Re: Classes of metrology defined
We've all heard the expression, "expect the unexpected" or perhaps "keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary".
To offer another example, I'll say "keep your nose to the air" or "use *all* your senses." Anecdotally, I recall a time just munging around trying to breath some new life into an ...
To offer another example, I'll say "keep your nose to the air" or "use *all* your senses." Anecdotally, I recall a time just munging around trying to breath some new life into an ...