Thanks Chris and Doug,
As I suspected, the juice may not be worth the squeeze, everytime I think I saw a pulse on this thing, it turns out to be someone switching on a light bulb or the refrigerator moror starting up, I don't have much confidense in this tube. I bought some russian He3 corona tubes ...
Search found 19 matches
- Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:38 am
- Forum: Analog
- Topic: Russian SNM-11
- Replies: 4
- Views: 14417
- Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:00 pm
- Forum: Analog
- Topic: Russian SNM-11
- Replies: 4
- Views: 14417
Russian SNM-11
Hi Guys,
I am trying to breathe life into a Russian SNM-11 neutron tube and it refuses to play ball with me, maybe because I don't speak russian to it. I followed the wiring scheme with a 47 M Ohm load resistor, and a CR coupling with a time constant of around 6-10 µs, and was expecting to see a ...
I am trying to breathe life into a Russian SNM-11 neutron tube and it refuses to play ball with me, maybe because I don't speak russian to it. I followed the wiring scheme with a 47 M Ohm load resistor, and a CR coupling with a time constant of around 6-10 µs, and was expecting to see a ...
- Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:47 pm
- Forum: Eye Candy
- Topic: New equipment
- Replies: 11
- Views: 29698
Re: New equipment
Hi John,
I just caught up on this thread, nice big chamber, are you doing this at work?
What is the significance of the grid shape?
Steven
I just caught up on this thread, nice big chamber, are you doing this at work?
What is the significance of the grid shape?
Steven
- Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:36 am
- Forum: Run Data -- just the facts please.
- Topic: Oct4Run1023
- Replies: 14
- Views: 21722
Re: Oct4Run1023
Doug,
Just quickly on the Hornyak button, I got some specs from Eljen, and if I understand it correctly, the efficiency is quite low, an nvth in the order of 0.08 for the 2" button, does that sound right?
My B10 detector has an nvth of around 1 from memory, and the He3 is up around 8.4 cps/nv ...
Just quickly on the Hornyak button, I got some specs from Eljen, and if I understand it correctly, the efficiency is quite low, an nvth in the order of 0.08 for the 2" button, does that sound right?
My B10 detector has an nvth of around 1 from memory, and the He3 is up around 8.4 cps/nv ...
- Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:34 am
- Forum: Run Data -- just the facts please.
- Topic: Oct4Run1023
- Replies: 14
- Views: 21722
Re: Oct4Run1023
Doug,
Thanks for that, I just fired off an email to Eljen, asking for a quote. I suppose they can supply the scintillator part only, as I make my own detectors now. http://www.gammaspectacular.com/gamma-spectroscopy/scintillation-detectors
Those figures you quote from your last run are pretty ...
Thanks for that, I just fired off an email to Eljen, asking for a quote. I suppose they can supply the scintillator part only, as I make my own detectors now. http://www.gammaspectacular.com/gamma-spectroscopy/scintillation-detectors
Those figures you quote from your last run are pretty ...
- Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 pm
- Forum: Run Data -- just the facts please.
- Topic: Oct4Run1023
- Replies: 14
- Views: 21722
Re: Oct4Run1023
Hi Doug,
Well done on those runs, and great to hear that John F. visited your lab.
I'm interested in the hornyak detector as well, can you tell me where to get the hornyak scintillation plastic?
Is it the same as what they call BC720?
Steven
Well done on those runs, and great to hear that John F. visited your lab.
I'm interested in the hornyak detector as well, can you tell me where to get the hornyak scintillation plastic?
Is it the same as what they call BC720?
Steven
- Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 am
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Greetings from Norway
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5808
Re: Greetings from Norway
Hei Karl,
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it interesting. Your English is of course perfect, but should you want to express yourself in Norwegian I might just be able to help, as I grew up in Oslo. I now live in Sydney Australia and got involved with putting atoms together, almost 10 ...
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it interesting. Your English is of course perfect, but should you want to express yourself in Norwegian I might just be able to help, as I grew up in Oslo. I now live in Sydney Australia and got involved with putting atoms together, almost 10 ...
- Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm
- Forum: Coulter's Smithing forums
- Topic: Back of the envelope power output calculations
- Replies: 1
- Views: 17600
Re: Back of the envelope power output calculations
Yes, these calculations have been done plenty of times, the big issue here is the input power...,1 microwatt output is not bad if the input is zero!
What i am aiming for with F.I.C.S. fusion is to achieve zero input power, this should happen by itself at or around 10^14 fusion reactions, which ...
What i am aiming for with F.I.C.S. fusion is to achieve zero input power, this should happen by itself at or around 10^14 fusion reactions, which ...
- Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm
- Forum: Eye Candy
- Topic: Cocktail with fine wine ingredient.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7983
Re: Cocktail with fine wine ingredient.
Joe,
Great, a little more space around the solder tabs would be great, and a little bigger pad wouldn't hurt.
Steven
Great, a little more space around the solder tabs would be great, and a little bigger pad wouldn't hurt.
Steven
- Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:47 pm
- Forum: Eye Candy
- Topic: F.I.C.S. Gets Faraday Cage
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5840
Re: F.I.C.S. Gets Faraday Cage
Doug,
The ceramic ballast resistor you see in the photos (standing upright) is around 8M ohm, this takes the load off the power supply in the event of an arc, and still allows me to run the PSU at its maximum 6 ma. The resistor only gets slightly warm during operation.
Need to get onto Swagelok ...
The ceramic ballast resistor you see in the photos (standing upright) is around 8M ohm, this takes the load off the power supply in the event of an arc, and still allows me to run the PSU at its maximum 6 ma. The resistor only gets slightly warm during operation.
Need to get onto Swagelok ...