Doug-
Yeh, I don't play with the scope as much these days. I will pick it up in ernest again soon as I finish my servo mirror cover. Then one fresh coat of Al, and "I will be excited" again. The good thing it is not in the way, up the hill some 400 feet in a dome (20" rcos).
I seem to do more ...
Search found 6 matches
- Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hi Y'all from N CA Mountains
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3901
- Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hi Y'all from N CA Mountains
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3901
Hi Y'all from N CA Mountains
Hi to everyone-
My name is Charlie Habekost, and I live in Twain Harte, CA. I do Gums and Dental Implants for a living. I graduated from a residency in Periodontics from Emory University in 1985. Spent 7 years in GA, so twang hops out from time to time. I have a practice in Sonora, CA and San Jose ...
My name is Charlie Habekost, and I live in Twain Harte, CA. I do Gums and Dental Implants for a living. I graduated from a residency in Periodontics from Emory University in 1985. Spent 7 years in GA, so twang hops out from time to time. I have a practice in Sonora, CA and San Jose ...
- Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
Re: New HV stuff, questions
Doug-
I agree with the try it and find it approach. What botthers me is that it looks like the diodes that are hooked up in reverse to the stack seem to be shorted to ground with only 150 ohms, REGARDLESS of the sense circuit. Ummm, 15 KV through 150 ohms. . . . smells like someone let the captive ...
I agree with the try it and find it approach. What botthers me is that it looks like the diodes that are hooked up in reverse to the stack seem to be shorted to ground with only 150 ohms, REGARDLESS of the sense circuit. Ummm, 15 KV through 150 ohms. . . . smells like someone let the captive ...
- Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:18 am
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
Re: New HV stuff, questions
Doug-
I DID find some errors, esp. the diode being backward. I took the time to do a schmatic capture, wich I find forces you to be very exacting. I have attached a photo of the board, input is from the right, and goes left from there. Ground is both bottom traces, and the the 2 100 ohm output ...
I DID find some errors, esp. the diode being backward. I took the time to do a schmatic capture, wich I find forces you to be very exacting. I have attached a photo of the board, input is from the right, and goes left from there. Ground is both bottom traces, and the the 2 100 ohm output ...
- Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 am
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
Re: New HV stuff, questions
Doug-
It does not make sense to me either, these resistors in parrallel. I will have to wait till Friday when I get home, and will double check the dwg against the board. I will also post a small "I'm here" then also.
Thanks for the help so far,
Charlie
It does not make sense to me either, these resistors in parrallel. I will have to wait till Friday when I get home, and will double check the dwg against the board. I will also post a small "I'm here" then also.
Thanks for the help so far,
Charlie
- Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 am
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
Re: New HV stuff, questions
Doug, Cliff or?
I got a Wallis High-Volt Stack, schematic attached. I would like to use the two sense output wires that come out the bottom of the stack. This is a 120KV, 100 Ma air insulated stack, with a red rubber (of some ilk) potting of the transformer that feeds it. Any info on volts/Kv, Ma ...
I got a Wallis High-Volt Stack, schematic attached. I would like to use the two sense output wires that come out the bottom of the stack. This is a 120KV, 100 Ma air insulated stack, with a red rubber (of some ilk) potting of the transformer that feeds it. Any info on volts/Kv, Ma ...