Welcome David R

Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
Post Reply
johnf
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Contact:

Welcome David R

Post by johnf »

please tell us a bit about yourself!!

I'm very new to admin so this has been a bit of a journey
David Ramsden
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 am

Re: Welcome David R

Post by David Ramsden »

Hi,

Thanks John, for getting me registered. I have lurked here for a very long time and have benefited from some of the information Doug and others have posted. So firstly, let me express my sorrow at Dougs passing. I am sure he is missed by everyone who knew him.

Secondly, in response to Donovan Ready's post about wanting to see some activity here - I agree. It would be a pity for the forum to fade away. There is useful and interesting stuff here and it would be good for people to add to it. So finally I got around to registering.

I am originally from NZ, but have lived in the UK for a long time. My interest is primarily in electronics, having worked in datacoms, over PSTN, GSM, radio, satellites and fibre. I design and manufacture equipment for various industries. I also have an interest in alternative energy - Dougs off grid living posts were always informative. As an adjunct to other activities, I also do a little machining. Hopefully I will post on some of the things that were inspired by the Coulters Smithing website in the not too distant future.

Regards to all,

DavidR
johnf
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Welcome David R

Post by johnf »

David could you edit your user name to your real full name.
Doug bought this in to help combat trolls
David Ramsden
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:09 am

Re: Welcome David R

Post by David Ramsden »

johnf wrote:David could you edit your user name to your real full name.
Doug bought this in to help combat trolls
Hi John,
In the edit profile, the user name cannot be changed (for me at least). If you can edit it to David Ramsden, please do. Thanks and Regards,

Daivd
johnf
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Welcome David R

Post by johnf »

Done
Post Reply