Yeah, most of us are stuck(?) in the USA. The people are nice, the government...has been screwy for quite a long time and the chickens are coming home to roost.
We can take refuge in the knowledge that UK has even more spy cameras, and the Aussies government is even more full of it, but...best of a bad lot is still not good.
It should be remembered that the things people say they are upset about have been going on and getting worse for my entire life, vs blaming it all on whoever is running things just now - they're guilty too, but are standing on the shoulders of ..gangsters?
It's a racket. I could go on about our indoctrination system, the constant bombardment with the idea that we've ruined things for all future generations - so they have nothing to lose and nothing to gain - no reason to live - and a lot of other crap.
It's the economy, stupid, the Gini coefficient is outrageous and it's a complex issue with no simple solution. Any setup you'd think is fair at first becomes winner take all. Till the next revolt, and even then the top layer tends to skate.
But why should I rant? It's not like people here are too dumb to have figured things out.
I've avoided politics here for that and other reasons - I need a refuge from the emotional crap, and the more I learn, the more disgusted I become about what is to me, some really obvious and blatant falsehoods being created and spread in order to manipulate the normies - and regain or gain more power over us...by those who are as far as I can tell, the least interested in our well being. No matter the color of the tie or clown shoes. As it turns out, a hobby is studying the propaganda in WWII, which is a little bit easier (but some things are still coming out!) since at least events stand still now - it's over with.
Being a conservative* - old skool - there's no one out there who has any interest in representing me - just 'cons of some sort or another, the uni-war-party. Trying to prop up empire. These things have a life expectancy, and this one is long of tooth.
It's so bad that even the tech sites I look at, because you know, tech, all use any excuse to put their spin on things, often in your face, but also by omission, counting I suppose on people being to lazy to discover anything not shoved down their throats. Like all arrogance, it's not how you might make friends with me - it might work on some people who still think the paper won't accept the ink (or the bits flow) if it's untrue.
And it's so bad I now feel comfortable proposing something we can get behind...I want this sign for my front yard...
Thx John, the chin is up unless and until they tell me I need a quarter million of treatment in the sickness racket to live an extra month...(not to worry, I'll spend the money on hookers and ... and let the chips fall).
* not this new crap - radical is radical no matter the side of an aisle that probably shouldn't even be an aisle. I mean "look before you leap", :"spend less than you make", "don't fix it if it ain't broke", "invest in tools, not things that wind up in the crapper or dump in short order", "don't start fights - look for an everyone-wins solution", and related things.