If there is a decay rate change then there's always the possibility that it's not the sun causing the change, but some other "force" causing the change along with causing the solar flare. The CME could be the result and not the cause.
...which is probably just a reiteration of what Doug is getting at.
Solar Flare/ Radioactive Decay Rate Link
- Joe Jarski
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: SouthEast Michigan
-
charleswenzel
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:52 pm
Re: Solar Flare/ Radioactive Decay Rate Link
My curves have been pretty quiet lately, and the sun has been pretty inactive. Maybe I have to wait until our solar system drifts through some more wrinkles in space-time. : ) My experiment is far from perfect; I basically attacked problems serially, a bit like "Whack a Mole." I'm always afraid to take it off line, because that will cause the "big one" to occur. If I had a hobby lab assistant, I'd build another one!
I do wonder if I'm looking at tea leaves.
I installed a window air conditioning unit right next to the experiment that's been turned on just about every day for an hour or two, but I see no signs of it on the recent plots. I think I have the pressure licked, too. The power supplies are all stable now, and the experiment is in a remote corner. The plots were noticeably more disturbed a few weeks back and the sun was more active. So, it will be interesting to see if the plots get noisy about a day before the sun becomes active again.
I do wonder if I'm looking at tea leaves.
I installed a window air conditioning unit right next to the experiment that's been turned on just about every day for an hour or two, but I see no signs of it on the recent plots. I think I have the pressure licked, too. The power supplies are all stable now, and the experiment is in a remote corner. The plots were noticeably more disturbed a few weeks back and the sun was more active. So, it will be interesting to see if the plots get noisy about a day before the sun becomes active again.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Solar Flare/ Radioactive Decay Rate Link
The guys who started this are getting published again, but it's not very promising. Looks like Charles was getting correct data. Or at least it seems to be replicated a lot in other places, generally a real good sign.
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-09-physics.html
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-09-physics.html
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.