Hello there!
My name is Philipp, I live in a small town in beautiful Upper Austria, Central Europe. I'm currently a student of Technical Physics at the Vienna University of Technology.
I've always been toying around with various things at home to get hands-on experience and a "feeling" for how things behave. So far, those projects were mostly related to electronics (robotics; signal processing; control systems engineering (adaptive filtering and sound/vibration cancellation); and, most recently, a multi channel analyzer) and software engineering (mainly C and Java, a little Assembly and Basic, too) - mainly simulations of various sorts: fluid dynamics, genetic algorithms, ...
But still, there are vast fields I don't have any experience in, and that's the main reason for why I'm here!
I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions!
-Philipp
Hello from Austria!
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Austria!
Well you're certainly welcome here, and nice first post in the correct forum, including the MCA post under metrology - good stuff there! I think we're going to have some fun!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.