Search found 12 matches
Re: phpBB
I *might* be able to have shell access. ...that has to be right for it to keep working scares me off "just trying stuff" as we have a lot to lose. EG, I'm really a programmer, not a sysadmin, and do as little of that type thing as I can get away with, so I don't know a ton about it on these "higher ...
Re: phpBB
Don't you have shell access to the server running the phpbb software? There are probably logs you can view or turn on.
I use http://rimuhosting.com/ and am very happy with their service. On the order of $20/month, you get a virtual linux host with root access, you can install your own packages ...
I use http://rimuhosting.com/ and am very happy with their service. On the order of $20/month, you get a virtual linux host with root access, you can install your own packages ...
- Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:05 pm
- Forum: Theories and speculations
- Topic: A dynamic fusor
- Replies: 6
- Views: 21772
Re: A dynamic fusor
Or maybe not, in some sense. Going back through history, papers, private communications, it seems many fusor builders report hard-to-repeat huge Q factors (defined as power out divided by power in). Since they are hard to replicate even in the same lab, they have been dismissed as “outliers” or ...
- Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13 pm
- Forum: PC
- Topic: DNS for my LAN
- Replies: 23
- Views: 39709
Re: DNS for my LAN
Well, that was quick, I'll see about trying it real soon now.
No urgency, it really wasn't much trouble at all. To install an apk file directly all you've got to do is navigate to it with a file browser. I use ES File Explorer and a LAN shared volume. No need to gear up for development just to see ...
No urgency, it really wasn't much trouble at all. To install an apk file directly all you've got to do is navigate to it with a file browser. I use ES File Explorer and a LAN shared volume. No need to gear up for development just to see ...
- Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:57 pm
- Forum: Theories and speculations
- Topic: The truth about black holes
- Replies: 11
- Views: 30682
Re: The truth about black holes
You're not. Looks like the right forum to me. So is the conundrum that nothing truly meets the event horizon in 'any real time-line' your one and only objection to rejecting black holes as a hypothesis?
I suppose so. From the view outside it seems to me the event horizon can't occur. As such the ...
I suppose so. From the view outside it seems to me the event horizon can't occur. As such the ...
- Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:46 pm
- Forum: Theories and speculations
- Topic: The truth about black holes
- Replies: 11
- Views: 30682
Re: The truth about black holes
I've become more persuaded by Black Hole physics over the years, and there is recognised to be information loss from a Black Hole, as I understand the current thinking, so there is no incongruency with the phenomena that things may be 'seen to freeze in time' at the event horizon.
My take is ...
My take is ...
- Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:53 am
- Forum: PC
- Topic: DNS for my LAN
- Replies: 23
- Views: 39709
Re: DNS for my LAN
Meanwhile I'll see about writing that tellem app on android. Maybe later this evening...
Here's a first pass. Inside ace_tellem.zip is ace_tellem.apk (for some reason phpbb wouldn't let me upload a .apk file). Unzip, recover the .apk file, and install it.
I started with my ace-thatwaseasy ...
Here's a first pass. Inside ace_tellem.zip is ace_tellem.apk (for some reason phpbb wouldn't let me upload a .apk file). Unzip, recover the .apk file, and install it.
I started with my ace-thatwaseasy ...
- Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Houston
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4195
Re: Hello from Houston
Whoops, the intent was to avoid long threads in these introduction posts. I moved my response to the relevant thread here:
http://www.coultersmithing.com/forums/v ... 4704#p4704
http://www.coultersmithing.com/forums/v ... 4704#p4704
- Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm
- Forum: PC
- Topic: DNS for my LAN
- Replies: 23
- Views: 39709
Re: DNS for my LAN
Actually, yes, tellem would be super nice ...
Ah, like on normal linux, /etc/hosts in android is a root-owned file....crap.
I have one of these:
http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/DS413j
It is an always-on ARM linux system that can take up to 2 SATA drives and act as a file server ...
Ah, like on normal linux, /etc/hosts in android is a root-owned file....crap.
I have one of these:
http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/DS413j
It is an always-on ARM linux system that can take up to 2 SATA drives and act as a file server ...
- Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:25 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Houston
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4195
Re: Hello from Houston
Sounds like my kinda guy, actually. Welcome on board!
Edit - if you know android down at the socket level, I have a little code I'd love to have for android, and I just don't have time to add an nth language and libraries to my own coding right now. It is the code I put under a thread here, landns ...
Edit - if you know android down at the socket level, I have a little code I'd love to have for android, and I just don't have time to add an nth language and libraries to my own coding right now. It is the code I put under a thread here, landns ...