Cheap wall wart file sharing

Computers and stuff like that
Post Reply
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Cheap wall wart file sharing

Post by Doug Coulter »

Anybody tried one of these?
http://www.pogoplug.com/

Looks like a possible good replacement for an old p III Tualitin I have here to share stuff at far less power drain even than that (the Tualitin Mobo draws 20W).
Seems they have some trick for DNS that lets you expose things all over the web as well, which I'm trying to figure out, since I don't have a fixed IP and do it all behind a NAT. It's ARM, so probably won't run big things like MySQL, but it could be cool anyway, and a way to store some things here rather than up on the ISP....and share them only with authorized folks (like the members here).
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Post Reply