I thank Doug for his recent cascade of emails with me about different scientific, software, investment and other topics.
My main interests are rolling bearings (we have a bearing import company in Lima, Peru), GOLD (<-- let's see if that worked!), analytical software, investments, Tai Chi, science (a variety of subjects) and other topics. I am NOT an expert in anything really.
In my emails with Doug, it appears that you guys are probably WAY AHEAD of me in anything I choose to toss into the fray, but I will see if I can make some positive contributions.
I have some upcoming self-education projects: learning more about blogging, learning statistical software "S" and seeing what the "Cloud" (at least Google's part) can do for me.
Cheers to you! This looks like a fun place!
R A Mix [url]robertmixblog.blogspot.com[/url]
New member Robert Mix joins Coulter's backyard
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
-
Robert Mix
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:03 pm
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: New member Robert Mix joins Coulter's backyard
Welcome Robert! For other's benefit, we met over on ZeroHedge, a blog for people who like to show up the lies our governments are telling us about finances and so on. Pretty wild place over there (they permit some pretty snarky trolls and fairly uncivilized behavior), but there are some smart people too, so I've been inviting them here as well. Bob is one, and welcome indeed (and I forgot, some people don't like their names contracted, let me know if you're one). If you have questions, ask away -- we like those as an excuse to explain what "everybody here knows". Because we easily forget that a lot of people don't know all this and might forget to teach it otherwise. A lot of this is we are kind of writing the book on modern lab practices, which is darned hard information to find otherwise, and here we have some of the best - real practitioners who actually do this stuff, documenting how they do it.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.