Well, after tearing the thing down to cut a little off the end of some conductivized glass on the HV FT, I'm breaking the thing back in, and zonk - the end flies off my grid, a couple rods fall out.
And it kept right on going. This would go in "it almost worked, except it worked", kinda. I'm planning some changes anyway, this is some eye candy - wish the camera had got the fine details of the kernal.
I'm going to depo some D eating stuff on my tank walls, and make new Th doped rods for that grid, a little shorter. The Th should increase the electron emission some. The old one looked too long for what was going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqvMGknHww
Grid flies apart, but it still works
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Grid flies apart, but it still works
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.