I've begun the dissemination activity on my invention, and posted the patent doc up on fusor.net .
I wasn't sure if I should continue some of the discussions we've already started here, in the past, left somewhat 'hanging', or start-over in a fresh thread. Plenty of 'cross-fertilisation' with ideas here to explore rather than going over old ground.
Much of what we've discussed here in this group is interlocked with elements of the patent I've made. Essentially, I'm looking to create a system in which ions that undergo scattering can be fed with some 'top-up' energy to keep them up to fusible energies.
I think we, here, have come to agree something like this is how we can usefully improve gain for beam devices, but the ultimate question is how and what will actually work. The problem I've found is these pesky fast neutrals. They really hurt your hard-gotten fast ions.
one way or another, for a unity gain beam system you have to pump in energy one way or another to remove the entropy built up in the system from scattering and ionisation. If losses to fast neutrals are too high, it's one step forward and two back, for each and every scattered particle.
I've got a few more ideas yet to follow through before I get a good handle on whether there is mileage left in my own experiment, but we're not there just yet....
Epicyclotron.
Re: Epicyclotron.
Chris
boy do I have the exact thing you need for this
A new radial ion source you could put in the middle
tis with patent idiots as we speak it has done the provisional thing for a year and went to full application a month ago
I'm about to put in a commercial version for a client very soon
will post more when said idiots allow me -- I suppose this will depend on the examiner and my claims section
all for now
boy do I have the exact thing you need for this
A new radial ion source you could put in the middle
tis with patent idiots as we speak it has done the provisional thing for a year and went to full application a month ago
I'm about to put in a commercial version for a client very soon
will post more when said idiots allow me -- I suppose this will depend on the examiner and my claims section
all for now