Hi friends:
I'm Miguel Reznicek "Migs", a Mechanical engineer and currently run a company (pretensa.com) that manufactures prestressed concrete, panel roofing and expanded polystyrene (AKA styrofoam). I like ATV's, BMW R1200GS's, Photography, microprocessors, Computers (know a bit about Mac OS X). In general I am a life long learner, and a tinkerer. I love tools and what struck me about this forum's leader Doug is his tool room. Looks just as messy and large as mine. If I can be of help please let me know.
Nice to be here.
Migs
Hello from Migs in La Paz, Bolivia
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Migs in La Paz, Bolivia
Nice to have you, Migs. Please let me know if we need more subforums (we can go to three deep in the tree) for anything you want to post that doesn't fit the existing ones. I started out trying to pigeon-hole science in a nice neat small set of categories. Boy was that dumb - the wide span of things we get interested in here just doesn't fit into a small number of categories! Mig is also another shooter, gun guy, and does IPSC IIRC, which is one of the few gun things I utterly stink at.
Hopefully we can tap his knowledge on such things - and the guns/ammo forum is just getting going and needs help/additions - as well as your other expertises.
FYI, Vice took a ton of video they plan to give me for use there, since they had this great cameraman (Gaspard) who could move around the reloading stuff (and get some nice close-in shots from varying angles) while I was working it and explaining the details - a ton better than me talking to a camera and a tripod.
Hopefully we can tap his knowledge on such things - and the guns/ammo forum is just getting going and needs help/additions - as well as your other expertises.
FYI, Vice took a ton of video they plan to give me for use there, since they had this great cameraman (Gaspard) who could move around the reloading stuff (and get some nice close-in shots from varying angles) while I was working it and explaining the details - a ton better than me talking to a camera and a tripod.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.