Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
Hello people and thank you for letting me become a member!
My name is Marius. I'm a student at the university of Stavanger where I study to get a degree in mechanical engineering, material and construction techniques. Since we are all members here at Coulter's, I guess we have somewhat the same interests. ^^
Yeah fun name but kind of not our policy here. We want people taking/getting credit for what they post, no nyms except in real exceptional circumstances. This is for your own good. Anyone can claim to be the real person behind a handle and take your stuff with no consequences. But it's illegal to steal a real person's identity and stuff, in just about every even semi-civilized country. Pretty hard to prove you're "the real Isac Newton" either way, right? Please post with a last name too, and I'll fix it when I get a chance. This will change your login name as well, but you'll be able to see the change by revisiting this thread, the change shows up on previous posts as well.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.