Nuclear forces video - worked examples

The title says it all. This is for established factual (we hope) things.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Nuclear forces video - worked examples

Post by Doug Coulter »

Hopefully not jumping the gun here, but in the first 3 min we have worked out the gravitational and Coulomb forces in a nucleus.
With actual numbers and units given so the answers are ... not imaginary "zillions and zillions" but the real thing, which sadly, is very rare out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmBa50x9x9o


I might be back after watching the rest. It's 49 min long...but I didn't want to lose this one.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: Nuclear forces video - worked examples

Post by Doug Coulter »

Oh my, this guy has a whole playlist and it looks worth checking out. And now I have to bone back up a little on my calculus...some of this is worth it in terms of understanding how _best_ to "bang the rocks together, guys". Especially if you're interested in doing it coherently and controlled rather than just trying to contain a lot of really hot stuff and hoping for the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUNvOY ... EECA944A13
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: Nuclear forces video - worked examples

Post by Doug Coulter »

Wow, this guy is a real resource. Home page on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIVadd ... FoKNrvh99Q
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Post Reply